Monday, March 12, 2012

We have a date!

Hopefully the seizure monster has received his eviction notice?

I was on my way out of town for a meeting last Monday when I got a call from Dr. Neurosurgeon's nurse. 

It was early.

I was flying down the interstate.

Coffee not fully kicked in.

Stressed to the max.

I knew I would probably be getting a call that day, but I just didn't think it would be that morning for some reason. So when I saw the number pop up on my phone, my anxiety popped through the ceiling like one of those carnival strength games that you hit with a big sledgehammer. The nurse and I discussed the schedule and what was available for when both Doctors were available.

We decided that the next best date would be on April 12th. That gave us a little more than a month away to get everything squared away. As of today, it is now a month. Yikes!

We have an appointment next week to meet with Dr. Neurosurgeon & to do all of the pre-op stuff. We will head to the hospital on April 11th for a pre-op MRI (grumble, groan) & we will then head back over the next day for surgery.

Lots to do between now & then! In the meantime, we have to mentally "process" all of this and exactly how we do that....we're not too terribly sure.  One day at a time is all I can think of. For now we cherish the time, steal a few extra hugs and kisses, make every moment count, and pray that it all works out for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment